Shona Vertue Speaks On A Healthy Body And A Positive Mind: Enhancing Self-Image through Optimal Health Habits
My guest, Shona Vertue, is a personal trainer and yoga teacher. Shona has left an indelible mark in the fitness world with a massive following of over 400k on Instagram and one of the most popular yoga channels in the UK on YouTube. Over her decade of teaching, she has developed the Vertue Method, a unique blend of weighted resistance training, cardio, yoga, and meditation, emphasizing the significance of rest and recovery alongside intense workouts. Her innovative approach has garnered a global following, with practitioners in over 65 countries. Notable clients like David Beckham have been inspired by Shona’s teachings, encouraging individuals to cultivate new skills while prioritizing their fitness journey.
In this episode, Shona shares how you can be better at feeling as opposed to feeling better from training. She talks about the origin of her motivation and inspiration in the fitness industry as a woman, how she incorporates her psychology background in her training, why relationships are important in our mental health, and how we can be better at feeling. She also explains the parasympathetic and sympathetic states, how she keeps clients returning to her programs when they are struggling, and what she does to look after her mental health. Tune in to learn more!
Topics we cover and where to find them:
- [00:00] Intro
- [06:00] The origin of Shona’s motivation and inspiration in the fitness industry as a woman
- [09:37] How Shona incorporates her psychology background in her training
- [13:58] Why relationships are important in our mental health
- [15:23] Being better at feeling as opposed to feeling better from training
- [20:18] How Shona keeps clients coming back to her programs when they are struggling
- [28:30] The impacts of exercise on the existing stress
- [32:56] The parasympathetic state and sympathetic state
- [37:13] What Shona does to look after her mental health
- [46:06] When do health and fitness become too much and dysfunctional?
- [48:03] About The Vertue Method
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – All comments and reviews help us break the stigma of mental health so that we can save more lives. Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag@livinorg@samwebb so we can thank you personally.
Join us at our FaceBook Group to continue the conversation and connect with our community to share stories, access mental health tools and strategies, and learn more about positive mental health because #itaintweaktospeak.