How To Break Free From Perfectionism While Still Doing Your Best
In this episode, I share the areas that perfectionism manifests in our lives and how it can impact our lives negatively. I also explain the strategies that can help break you free from a perfectionistic mindset. These include recognizing the difference between perfectionism and striving for excellence, setting realistic challenges, focusing on progress and not the end result, and embracing mistakes.
In a world where perfection seems to be the ultimate pursuit, breaking free from the suffocating grip of perfectionism becomes an essential journey toward embracing our true selves and living our best lives. Perfectionism, often disguised as a noble aspiration, often hinders personal growth, fuels anxiety, and stifles creativity. By challenging the unrealistic standards we impose upon ourselves, embracing imperfections, and cultivating self-compassion, we can embark on a transformative path toward authenticity, fulfillment, and a life guided by genuine joy and meaningful connections.
Topics we cover and where to find them:
- [00:00] Intro
- [01:47] The meaning of perfectionism
- [02:54] The areas that perfectionism manifest in our lives
- [07:04] How perfectionism is different from striving for excellence
- [10:31] Strategies to help break free from perfectionism
- [11:00] 1# Recognizing the difference between perfectionism and striving for excellence
- [11:42] 2# Setting realistic challenges
- [13:37] 3# Focusing on progress and not the end result
- [14:40] 4# Embracing mistakes
- [15:35] 5# Managing your own inner voice
Like this show? Please leave us a review here – All comments and reviews help us break the stigma of mental health so that we can save more lives. Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag @livinorg @samwebb so we can thank you personally.
Join us at our FaceBook Group to continue the conversation and to connect with our community to share stories, access mental health tools and strategies, and to learn more about positive mental health because #itaintweaktospeak.